Monday, June 22, 2009

I sold my car, didn't buy a De Rosa.

I have been looking for a new (to me) racing frame for a little while now.

I have always said I would trade my car, a 1994 saab 900, for a bike.

I had been watching this 2006 carbon De Rosa King in my size on ebay for a week and thought this was the perfect time to do it. I thought I would have to bid about 1200.00 to get it, so that's what I priced my car. I had a little talk with my wife, we have only about 15 bikes laying around so some discussion was in order.

The car sold without issue after being on craigslist for 12 hours. 4 hours until the auction for the De Rosa ends. I am sick with a combination of buyer's remorse and non-buyer's regret. My wife made the decision for me and bid 1k for it, I upped it to 1290.00 with 10 seconds to go. I lost it in the very last second by 25 dollars.

I did win ONE LESS CAR!

2 comments:

Ted Diamond said...

No frame, but one lsss car, and a very understanding wife!

Chad Richmond said...

Now I have plenty money for my Tiamond Diamond.

When can we schedule my bike fit?