Thursday, February 16, 2012

Peep

It's been a very, very long time since I've posted. That's deliberate. I've often had the impulse. But every time I've had the impulse, I've managed to remind myself: "if you're blogging or updating your Facebook status or tweeting, or expressing you current thought, you're not..." Most of the time, I've finished this sentence with "riding." I ride every day: longer, harder miles than I have in a decade. Maybe ever. Doesn't matter how, doesn't matter where, doesn't matter with whom, doesn't matter what I'm wearing or what I'm riding. Just that I do it. It is at the core of my being. Building frames, racing, joining teams, advocacy -- that's all a distraction. Enough said. Talk to you next year. Keep riding. I will.

2 comments:

P Evans said...

Right on, just think WWED? (That's "What Would Eddie Do?") Ride lots.
I'll try to remember that when my next edition of Rouleur arrives: put it on the nightstand, go for a ride, come home tired, and only then plop down to read.

Kevin Connors said...

I've missed the activity on this blog. I assumed that facebook took the place, and since I resist facebook with all my might, I assumed that I'd been dropped.